Thursday, April 7, 2011

So inspired by the beauty of success

Wow. I just saw that my friend and fellow singer-songwriter Christian St. Croix from SaintsCrossing.Com just finished his album "Rebel Yells (And Other Tales)" and is now on iTunes!

He is such an inspiration to me because our friendship grew from... somewhere, I don't even remember how but somehow we became friends over the web space and I've known him for quite sometime now, and even before he completed this milestone in life. It's such a sight to see when someone you know becomes successful. Don't get me wrong, he just completed his album and is currently on the market for performing, but he is actually doing something out there with his talent. It's something that makes him happy, and something that will get him by, and something he is working hard to achieve. To me, that means you are successful. It's not just about money in your pocket, it's about loving what you do, being good at it, and making a living off of it.

I am so envious of him. I mean I could be doing that as well but I just haven't had the heart or inspiration to do it. I'm one of those people who doesn't get inspiration off a whim, it has to come to me in a state of utter emotional instability, when I'm completely vulnerable is when I pull songs out of me.

So now that he's completed his first milestone, I can resume mine. I am inspired to get mine done by the end of the year. Finally finish and complete a part of me that has been a long time coming that will show case my talents, my mind and the deepest part of me! Get ready because I'm making it!

You can download his album off iTunes! Just click on the picture and you will be directed to the page:







2 comments

  1. You are a wunderking, my friend. Thanks for the kind words. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that you will succeed in music. You have the serious chops to get pretty far too. Don't rush into anything, there's a reason I opted for an EP instead of a full album. Put your best on display. You will absolutely blow everyone away. Just wait and see, my friend. <3

    PS. I think we met on Twitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Christian all the best of luck in his work. :) I think it's so inspiring when someone does work that they love, not just for the money. A lot of musicians are like that, and it's really quite beautiful. I have been inspired by musicians who do keep writing music because that's what they love to do. Even if they don't earn a lot of money you can see their passion in the way they keep going with what they love doing.

    You can totally do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Press Play
Maira Gall