Monday, March 30, 2015

You're quite judgmental

Please forgive me as this is a rant about someone and the title as about being judgmental and I'm sitting here writing on my blog about being judgmental, but just read on. Last week, someone that I know had said to me, "Look at what they are doing to themselves, they shouldn't be going there." She was talking about these overweight couple that just walked out of a local wing store with their order. I asked why she hated those people so much and she responded by saying that she doesn't hate them but what they do to their bodies. I then told her that there's nothing that you can do and she told me that she will pray for them. Irritated, I told her that I don't think that that is going to help them. She looked at me surprised and said, "Excuse me?" So then I reiterated to her, "That is not going to help them, you should tell them yourself." Then she was quite after that.
Now I don't normally come off as abrasive as that but this lady is quite rude and judgmental. I honestly thoroughly dislike her. She just irks me. I don't know if she just doesn't think before she spits out her venom or what. She actually SEEMS like she is a nice person but I can see right through her. Also, she hides it by talking about the Lord. I just don't get her. She claims that she is a Christian and is a follower, but she does not act like it at all. She gets mad at people for saying the word ass and makes a big deal about it but she can openly judge people by their weight and it's like nothing to her.

Now I am not saying that I'm not judgmental at times, I know that I am, but I wouldn't openly say that to people that I am not really that close with. Like, I know her but I am not her best friend or even her FRIEND at all. It just gives people a bad taste in their mouth about you. I don't like to hear random people judging other people. I don't know you, so don't come to me with your hateful ways. Let's because friends first, so that I know I can trust you, and then we can judge people together.

I know it's not right to judge people, but I'm okay with that. When I'm around my husband or some friends and we sit around and judge other people we are not hurting anyone or ourselves. It's just friendly chit chat between people that we talk about and then we let go. I don't hold on to things like that. It's just conversation to talk about and laugh and have a good time and then that's all that it is. I am not openly attacking anyone or their character. I don't know them so I can't say anything about who they are as a person. Just what's on the outside. If that makes me a bad person, then you can spank me, but other than that. I don't really see much harm. I'm pretty sure that people do the same about me, and I could care less.

What about you guys? What's your stance on the situation or on the topic of judgement? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall