Monday, March 30, 2015

Am I Whore Phobic?

Okay, so someone today called me Whore Phobic all because I was being funny and replied to someone's tweet. Said tweet:




And what I responded was, "Hooker alert." Now I say that all the time to people. It's meant to be as an inside joke between me and my friends. Now I probably shouldn't have done it over twitter because it's just a huge melting pot for defensive people but I really didn't think that I would get the negative reaction that I did with this unfortunate person.


Anytime that I see someone walking the street looking jank or hooker-ish I'll say to my friend, "Hooker alert." Or even if my friend or relative is bragging about their sex life... "Hooker alert." It's just something about the sex life of someone I know or not know that makes me do it. It's meant to be a funny remark or to tease someone about it. It's to alert people around me that there's a hooker near me. It's not whore phobic. I love whores. Go whores. This person that called me that is a sex worker and that's it's offensive to her. I don't think so. She doesn't know the context that I use it in, and that not her fault, but she continues to call me a fucktard and what not. I don't think there is anything wrong with selling your body. If I had a great body and different morals, I would do the same damn thing, but I don't think i'd be offended if someone said "hooker alert".


Does she think that that saying is almost like a racial slur or something? How offensive could that be? I'm not posting on twitter calling people, "n****rs" or crackers or "FOBs" or any other racial slur. I think she is blowing it out of proportion.



Call me what you want. I don't care. I'm happy to have the drama in my life.... I have a lack of drama so this will entertain me for a bit. People can be such extremists.


What do you guys think? Do you think that's offensive?

For more of my controversial posts you can follow me on:
Twitter: @adrey
Instagram: @adreyyy
Youtube: youtube.com/Numeria
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/adrianbalansay

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall