Thursday, June 2, 2016

Someone REALLY does NOT like me...

UPDATE: So Petty Wap deleted the original post where he was talking about me, but luckily for me, I saved the text. Although I wish that I had taken a screenshot of it. Oh well. Also, I know that I'm being petty by posting about this pettiness, but his opinion about me I feel is skewed and he sees only what he wants to see. So for the people that have read his post about me, this is to clear things up. I am defending my character, which in turn, is defending myself.

Okay, so yesterday I was scrolling through my Facebook timeline and I see a certain status that was posted the day before in the morning. It was a long post that basically ripped me a new one. It hurt at first but then I realized, as I kept reading, that his issues with me are not my issues. They are all his own issues. I have absolutely nothing to do with them. Let me give a little insight to who this person is and what our dynamic was like. We will just call this person "Petty Wap". 

So Petty and I met on Grindr a few months ago. We talked for a little bit and it was cool. We exchanged numbers and we just good conversation and getting to know each other. One day, I was at my usual karaoke spot and I invited him out with my friends to hang out. After that, we started kicking it a little bit. I introduced him to my friends and we started hanging out with them writing and singing music and what not. We would go out to bars and movies and just hang out like friends do.

Petty and I also messed around like 2x. Some nights he would stay the night  and we would just chill and watch TV and then go to sleep. We never went all the way though. He put me on a probationary period of 90 days. Which I thought was a little odd. I was cool with that because I was really looking to just fuck, there's more to me than just that . Although it would have been really nice too, it's not my endgame. He's actually rejected my advances a few times so after that, I stopped and just left it like that, and we still kept hanging out. So it's not like we felt some type of way about each other because we had sex.

So fast forward and I'm gonna post exactly what he had posted about me. 

I like it like this. I like hearing music that isn't twenty years old. Everyday isn't throw back Thursday, dude. Yesh. I like an attitude. But not yours. Your attitude only comes out when you're lying. And usually because you're being confronted about lying. 

I don't understand the way you walk. I mean--it's gay. But it's not hot gay. It's not dude gay. You walk like you're trying too hard. Or like a skinny girl who thinks she has a donk. It just doesn't make sense. It's like, why are you walking as if you're being fanned into a room while rejecting glass after glass of champagne? Ain't no cameras on. And you look slow as fuck. 
I thought you were cool. I was like, "Yeah, this guy is pretty dope." But I don't like how you hide in your skin when no one pays attention to you. I don't like the fact that I can't get you to agree on anything. Not because I'm right. But because I have to listen to you spiral into an abyss you've made up in your head just because you refuse to say, "Yeah, I understand that." 
I don't understand why you feel like the hottest person ever. Especially, when I said that looks don't matter. Yet, every guy who walks up to me--you ask why and how and where I know them. If you're such the shit--Why does it matter?
I don't like the fact that your clothes don't fit. You're not slim, dude. What happened with that haircut?Why don't you act like a dude? And I don't mean sitting around getting fat and playing Dungeons and Dragons. I mean, damn. I can't take another dude who acts like they have bras and panties on. There's nothing wrong with a feminine dude. But damn, they're just not for me I guess. 
I need you to lower your voice like three octaves bro.I need you to do anything besides twerk. I need you to stop using black slang because guess what---you're not black. And you're not good at pretending to be. You don't see me going around using Asian slang or Russian slang. It sounds dumb. And for the love of God--could you not like sing everything.


Okay so if you ask any one of my friends, that post was directed towards me. And since you guys don't really know me in person or have seen how I am and my mannerisms, let me dissect this for you. Get ready, it's gonna be a long post:

I like it like this. I like hearing music that isn't twenty years old. Everyday isn't throw back Thursday, dude. Yesh. I like an attitude. But not yours. Your attitude only comes out when you're lying. And usually because you're being confronted about lying. 

So what he is referring to in this paragraph he's talking about my avid love for Mariah Carey and how much I love listening to her new AND old records. I can't help it if I like 90's R&B. And that's not all that I listen to. I listen to a lot of currently music. But more often than not, I have a throwback Mariah song. Actually, not even throwback because I listen to her entire repertoire, so even music that she's put out in the past year or two I listen to. I'm not completely stuck in the past. LOL. 

Also, my attitude comes out when someone confronts me about stupid stuff. "A little attitude problem all good, it'll make that shit last" (circa 2011). Especially whenever they tell me that they are mad at me and they tell me that I'm lame and a liar. If I ask you what I'm lying about, it's only common courtesy to let me know what it is. I shouldn't have to guess because apparently if I'm lying, I should know what it's about. Right?

I don't understand the way you walk. I mean--it's gay. But it's not hot gay. It's not dude gay. You walk like you're trying too hard. Or like a skinny girl who thinks she has a donk. It just doesn't make sense. It's like, why are you walking as if you're being fanned into a room while rejecting glass after glass of champagne? Ain't no cameras on. And you look slow as fuck. 

Honestly, I feel like I walk fine. Maybe to some people it looks like I have a chip on my shoulder, or that I'm better than anyone else but to me, I feel confident. Yes, I like to walk as if I have a donk because I do. And I like to "swing my hips and lick my lips". Yes, I like to walk as if I'm hot shit because in my mind and in my world, I am. If I don't think highly of myself and see myself as a person who is confident in who they are, then why would anyone else? It's all about how you see yourself and I see myself as a king. Nope, no camera's are on but I sure will be ready when that flash comes on. And if I look slow, maybe you're just going too fast. 

I thought you were cool. I was like, "Yeah, this guy is pretty dope." But I don't like how you hide in your skin when no one pays attention to you. I don't like the fact that I can't get you to agree on anything. Not because I'm right. But because I have to listen to you spiral into an abyss you've made up in your head just because you refuse to say, "Yeah, I understand that." 

Hey, I AM pretty dope. I enjoy myself very thoroughly. I don't really understand the statement where he talks about me hiding my skin when no one pays attention to me... I don't know how anyone would notice that if they are not paying attention, and what does that mean anyways? 

I will not agree on anything that I have an opposition to. Yes of course I listen to everyone's point of view, if it's not something that I like or agree with I will always be upfront and tell people that. Unlike some people, I have not just sat there and went on a rant and completely decimated someones career or character. I respect everyone as an individual and their artistry. Just because I have my views and I like something different and I'm passionate about it, why tear ME down? "Yeah, I understand that." No, I don't understand that.

I don't understand why you feel like the hottest person ever. Especially, when I said that looks don't matter. Yet, every guy who walks up to me--you ask why and how and where I know them. If you're such the shit--Why does it matter?

So this really got me. Why do I feel like I'm the hottest person ever? ... well, why not? I should act like how I feel. I feel like I'm the hottest person ever. Why? Because if I don't, who else will? I'm not going to expect someone to just come up to me and tell me that I'm the hottest person ever. I am not seeking for validation. I have validated myself. You say that looks don't matter, but what are you getting at? Are you telling me I'm not? And I am curious to know how people met, that just goes with everyone who is sociable. I always ask people how they met each other. People ask me how I met you all the time, so I don't get it. Are you jealous? Why does it matter?

I don't like the fact that your clothes don't fit. You're not slim, dude. What happened with that haircut?Why don't you act like a dude? And I don't mean sitting around getting fat and playing Dungeons and Dragons. I mean, damn. I can't take another dude who acts like they have bras and panties on. There's nothing wrong with a feminine dude. But damn, they're just not for me I guess. 

With this, I think he is just projecting his own opinions about me onto myself. Which is 1) rude and 2) misleading. I might not be slim, but all my clothes fit. I have a gut, or back fat or whatever, YES. I acknowledge that I do but I love myself. No matter what. I love every aspect of myself and I'm confident in myself. Some people like that, apparently you don't. 

My haircut is fine. Everyone and their mother has this fucking haircut. An undercut. You literally see it everywhere. I haven't gotten it cut in over a month because I'm growing it out but I'm not opposed to trying to hair styles. Thanks for the tip though.

Why don't I act like a dude? I'm not a dude BTW. I am Adrian. I do what I want, act like a want, and say what I want. If you don't like it, that's not my problem. You're talking about you don't care about peoples looks and yet you are nit picking everything you don't like about me that is physical. Also, I don't play Dungeons and Dragons, although from what I can see, it looks fun. I love playing RPG and FPS games. It's fun and exciting and gets me through the day. Who are you to judge me? Don't you play Call of Duty?

If you don't like me because sometimes I act feminine, you should listen to the song, "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'" by Nancy Sinatra (circa 1966). That's 50 years ago. Or Jessica Simpson's version (circa 2006). 10 years ago. How's that for Throwback Thursday?

I need you to lower your voice like three octaves bro.I need you to do anything besides twerk. I need you to stop using black slang because guess what---you're not black. And you're not good at pretending to be. You don't see me going around using Asian slang or Russian slang. It sounds dumb. And for the love of God--could you not like sing everything.

First of all, I don't need to do anything that anyone tells me to. How would you feel about people telling you that there are things that you do, just naturally because that if your character, that they don't like and you shouldn't do them? It's not right. It's extremely rude. "Why you gotta be so rude?" (circa 2014).

My voice is pretty mid-range. If I were to lower my voice by three octaves, I would be like the Bass in the King's Singer's acapella group. I would literally have no voice. I don't even think I would have any pitch at all, it'd just be a growl. Or what they call vocal fry. 

I do do other things that twerk... but I just LOVE twerking! I have a problem. I should be like the girl in the Twerk Intervention. Except, I don't want to stop twerking LOL. 

You never told me that you were so offended by me saying, "Bye Felicia" or when I quote lyrics from rap songs or when I "whip my hair back and forth" (circa 2011). I would stop doing them around you. Like I said, my mannerisms are me, I'm just "being Miley" (circa 2007). No, I'm not black so I don't say bullshit that's going to get my into trouble because I know better. Everything else I do, is all pop culture. You don't go around and use Asian or Russian slang... cool. Like, if you did, I would not be offended or call you dumb. 

And last but not least, for the love of Mariah, NO I WILL NOT STOP SINGING EVERYTHING. I love to sing. I wake up singing, I go to sleep singing, I will even respond to you in song as well. I LOVE it. I don't care anyone else does not. I have not had anyone complain to me about it but if you don't like it, just tell me. We need to have open communication. And I felt that I have. 

I guess my biggest thing is that I didn't even know about all of these things. Literally the last time I saw said person was on a Thursday evening, and they posted that on the following Monday morning, which was Memorial Day. I didn't even see the post and I still texted you and asked what's going on, what's up, and tried to keep contact, but nothing... I never got a response or anything. Then, when I saw the post. I kept my feelings about it to myself. I'm not going to have someone else's opinion about me tear me down and make me feel bad about myself. How would you feel?

I could never continue to be friends with or converse with someone who apparently dislikes me SO MUCH. It's so odd to me because he wasn't saying any of these things before so why now? Were you keeping like a list of everything that you don't like about just to post it all over Facebook and then delete it? What are your intentions? Do I even care? No I don't. I don't really care about what a lot of people think about me. But I thought I knew this person and was still getting to know this person. We were becoming friends and hanging out and establishing a friendship. So I did value your opinion of me. Now, that you've said all of these things. There's no way we can go back. 

If you were looking for a reaction, this is my reaction. I hope that you are satisfied with the conclusion.

And my question to you is, how would you feel if someone wrote all this stuff about you without you even knowing? If I had my phone off for a few days, I would have never seen it before you took it off. Isn't that interesting? Doesn't seem like someone who really knows what they want...

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall