Wednesday, September 30, 2015

BAD DREAMS Series #2

I woke up again from a horrible dream.

This time, instead of screaming, I started crying.

I can hardly remember the dream because I think the dream was mostly about me forgetting certain things in my past life. All I can remember is that the entire dreamed spanned about 3 days. And in that three days, I was overdosing on some drugs or on some medication that slipped me in and out of consciousness. I vaguely remember someone familiar choking me and throwing me around. I couldn't say or feel anything except see that I was suffocating. I tried to cry out but there was no one else there besides me and my assailant. Finally, when I came to, I saw my stepfather, holding a grill scraper, with an apron on.


I wake up in my dream and I am crying and screaming and he comes to me and tells me, "It's okay." I ask him what's going on and why do I feel this way.

"You've overdosed on something and the doctor put you on medication to help bring you out of it. We are trying to do what's best for you." he says.

When I talked to David about it, he helped me understand that there is a lot of underlying feelings and emotions that I have been suppressing for so long and now I am finally ready to take on the emotional aspect of all these dreams. That this won't be the last bad dream and that I will be confronting a lot of my demons soon.

In the app Dream Moods, it says about choking, "to dream that someone is choking you indicates that you are suppressing your emotions. You have difficulties in expressing your fears, anger or love. Consider the phrase, 'all choked up'".

Overdose, "to dream that you or someone overdoses, suggests that you do not know your limits. You may be pushing yourself too hard."

To dream that you are taking medicine represents a period of emotion and/or spiritual healing. It also indicates that the troubles you are experiencing are only temporary. Things will work out in the long run.

To dream of a barbeque refers to a minor issue or transformation occurring in your waking life.


To see your stepfather in your dream symbolizes authority and protection. Consider also your waking relationship with your stepfather and how aspects of his character may be incorporated within yourself.

To dream that you are forgetting things signify life's anxieties. You are are expressing an overwhelming amount of stress in your life. You feel the need to tend to everything and everyone's needs. Alternatively, forgetting something may represent your subconscious desire to leave that something behind. On a more direct level, the dream could just be your subconscious telling you or reminding you of a forgotten appointment or date.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall