Monday, September 28, 2015

BAD DREAMS Series #1

I just woke up from a horrible dream. And it is not the first time I've had a dream like this either. I think this would be my third or fourth time having a dream that was similar to this.
I dreamt that it was my birthday and I was heading to my birthday party. I did not know where I was going but I felt like I knew. I went to a very tall building and was at the top. I asked the receptionist where I should go because it's my birthday and I'm heading to my birthday party.
They told me that I needed to go down to the basement but that was all that they could give me, they didn't know which room that it was in. I headed to the elevator and when down.
As I was descending down into the basement I felt it get darker and darker. I could feel fear starting to creep up on me and yet I still kept going deeper and deeper, hoping that I would find my birthday party.
I kept asking myself, "Is there where I'm supposed to be going?" I felt insecure and alone. No one was with me and I'm just searching.
It's pitch black and I reach the basement. It was so dark that I felt like I was blind folded. I step out of the elevator and I am searching around with my arms out stretched.
It felt comfortable for me to look around but the fear of the unknown had also set in. Room after room after room of darkness and emptiness and I still could not find anything.
All that I felt was abandonment and loneliness. Wishing that someone would find me and guide me along the way.
As I was searching through the rooms, I could feel things that were familiar but I could not make them out. Flesh and blood. Clothes on bodies. Trinkets and toys. But I could never figure out what or who it was and I pushed on.
I could feel myself nearing the end of my search and I had hope that in this last room, I would find what I was looking for: my birthday party. I felt full of hope, yet at the same time, scared that there was nothing there for me.
With my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I open up the door and walk inside. It is still dark and I am standing inside an empty room. Fear overcomes me and I panic, looking all around the room for at least something to help me figure out where I am and where I need to go.
I finally turn around and I let out a scream that was so heart wrenching that it wakes me up and I am crying.
The only thing that I felt when I woke up is for someone to hold me. All that I could think about was my mother.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall