Wednesday, November 25, 2015

5 Ways To Fall In Love With Yourself



Have you ever thought about love? Yes? No?

 Have you ever been in love? Yes? No?

 If I told you that the only way for you to really truly be in love with anyone else is to first fall truly and deeply in love with yourself? Would you think I was crazy? Would you still read my blog? Would you think that I ask too many questions?

 Well, my friends, it's all true. You need to truly love yourself if you want to love anyone else. Like, truly love yourself. And I'm going to show you how:


 1. Be at one with your insecurities.
We all have insecurities that we are worried about. Am I too fat? Am I too lanky? Am I not smart enough? I have struggled and still struggle with my insecurities, they are not something that just goes away. The best thing that you can do is just recognize them and live with them. Embrace your insecurities and eventually, you will learn to love them. Once you love those insecurities, they won't seem so much like insecurities anymore. It'll be more like a your best friend that you haven't seen in a long time that is the complete opposite of you. You guys get together every once in a while and you two talk about your past, present and future. You might not always agree, but you stay friends because you love each other.

 2. Keep your ego in check.
Yes, we all have that little nasty thing called an ego. He is just a tiny little voice in the back of your head that's trying to destroy your happiness. He will keep feeding you your insecurities in order to get what he wants. My advice to you: don't let him. You are much better than that. It's hard to do, especially when he keeps throwing logic at you. But you know what you should do? Follow your heart. Do what will make you feel good about yourself. Don't let your ego just impair you and feed you these insecurities and hinder you from reaching your ultimate goal. I know that may seem odd but try it. I mean you always hear it in those feel good Disney movies and it usually goes well for them right? Right. It's true and we can get into that a little bit later. That's a completely different post.

3. Be Present.
Another thing that we will go into an extensive post about is being present. What does it mean to be present? Well, it means a lot. It means you need to have an open mind. It means that you have to really realize that time is only a human construct. The only time that means anything is now. It's the only time that matters. Focus on your breathing and you will notice that in this moment in time, nothing else matters and everything is good. Even if you are at your worst. If you do that, you will be a lot calmer and feel a lot better. That's one of the best things that you can do to really start to love yourself.
"You have all the time you need."  [Tweet that.]
4. Smile.
Yep. Just smile. Did you know that when you smile it affects certain muscles in the brain that actually helps you feel better. Even if you are feeling down on yourself. Just smile. It will help brighten yourself up, even if it's for just a few minutes. If you are one of those people who are just always about being down on yourself, your best medicine is to change the way you think. You can train your brain to think differently. I mean, how else do you think that you think the way that you do now? We will get into that a little later as well. LOL. It just seems like we have a lot to get into huh? Don't worry. You'll love yourself more when you do it.

5. Confess your love for yourself.
Yeah, I know. It sounds kinda cheesy but it really does help. Just putting it out there makes you feel better. Actually mouthing the words will also help in affirming yourself. Don't just tell yourself that you love yourself, really put your heart and soul into it. I know, you're probably thinking, "What is up with this guy? He is so cheesy." It's all good in the neighborhood. You just gotta go with it.

Telling yourself that you love yourself puts it out into the universe and aligns yourself with what you truly want. And the universe does not say no. It can't. It just does not work that way. So, the more that you tell yourself that you love yourself, the more you will believe it. Soon, you will be just one step closer to being who you truly are and really loving yourself for it.

If you feel like it still does not help and you are no more in love with yourself than before then let me know in the comments below. I truly believe that if you follow these steps, slowly but surely you will be closer to truly loving yourself as it really does work. I know because I have tried it myself. I can really feel myself changing for the better. It feels better to me and I notice that everything around me is changing for the better as well. It's really helping me love myself.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall