Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's been a long time

It's been a long time, shouldn't have left you, left you without a dope beat to step to, to step to, to step to...

Okay, sorry about my lame Aaliyah snippet right there. How have you guys been doing? I know it has been a long time... over two years since the last time I posted on here. Hopefully, in the next few months, I will be posting more and more on here. I have had a lot of time on my hands to think about my life and I want to share it as well as the knowledge I have with the world.

As you can see, I've updated my blog, just a little bit. I've changed the name from Writings of a Prodigy, to Hashtag Gay. The reason for that is because if you guys know me... which some of you do. You know that on my Instagram, which is @adreyyy so go follow me... ;), all of my pictures I tag with #gay. It's like my thing. Everyone who I know always asks me, "Why do you always tag #gay?". I don't really know why I do that. I think it's probably because I'm an attention whore, which I don't downplay at all and I own, but it could be because there's so many things in my life that are gay that I like to put out there.

I like labels. Okay, maybe I don't but I have accepted labels. We put labels on everything. From the color of a crayon to the color of someone skin. Everything and everyone has a label. You have a label when they decide to name you before you pop out of your mother's womb. But when it comes to people, and really a majority of people, when you put a label on them they rebel or get their feelings hurt. Being called a faggot is hurtful but asking if someone is gay shouldn't be. Why not have a gay marriage? It's still a marriage, it's just categorized for certain people.

Being gay is not a choice. It's about as optional as the culture you are born into. Some people love it, some people hate it. The truth of the matter is, we all should accept it for what it is and move on with our lives. Putting 'gay' out there is shedding light on the fact that there are people out there who don't identify with everyone else, but do at the same time. We as a society need to break down these barriers and be happy with who we are and with the people all around us.

This blog is not a new one but an evolving one so I changed the name because I am evolving too. Hashtag gay is me. I am #gay.

I plan on updating this blog at least once a week for a month to get back into the fold. It's going to be able my thoughts on what it means to be gay, updates in my life, interests that I have and more. I'm really excited to get back into writing good and solid content for you and I hope that you will be with me for a long time. Here is to next week.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall