Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Transformation Tuesday



Happy St. Patrick's Day! It's Green Day here in Texas and it's such a beautiful day! I have a little bit to talk about before we get into today's topic. The radio yesterday said that it was going to rain today and I'm so glad that it didn't. It was just wonderful being able to look outside and feel happy and warm... literally. The past couple of weeks have just been so bipolar with the weather. See, Texas is the craziest state when it comes to weather. It could literally be snowing and icing one day, and the next, it's warm and sunny and all the snow will melt and leave all the ice there, and then the next day freeze up again. It's so crazy, I hate it. But I love it here in Texas. 

I'm really excited because in honor of St. Patrick's Day, Boomerjacks (http://www.boomerjacks.com) near where I live, is having their 6th annual St. Patrick's Day Tent Party! The establishment shuts down the parking lot in the plaza that they are located in and pitches a huge tent with a band that plays around 7pm. They serve drinks and food there and will also have other vendors that you can purchase from as well. It's really cool and it's literally right in front of my apartment complex so I could just walk to and from. Oh man, I'm surprised I haven't done that so many times with all the drink specials that they have. I hope to be a regular there someday soon. We can only wish. 

On to today's topic: Transformation Tuesday! I love this day. I think it's mostly fueled by my obsession with myself and how crazy I used to look in high school. The picture on the left is me back in 2009 right before I moved to Texas. I went to sushi with my friends Maddie and Hayley and it was a stressful time for me with moving and my family that I just decided to buzz my hair. I liked it for the most part. No, actually I loved it. I love having short hair. It's so easy to manage and keep up with. I hate have long hair. It looks good and is sexy and I absolutely LOVE getting my hair pulled, but I hate the maintenance that comes with it. I look like a hot ass mess in that picture. I don't know what I was thinking... but at least I looked skinny. 

On the right is a picture I took a few weeks ago in my car on my way to work. I love my hair in this... well the way it looks. I'm wearing an express shirt in an almost salmon color with a blue blazer. No glasses this time, only because I am wearing sunglasses. I feel more confident and happier in this picture. I am more comfortable with myself now than I have been in years. 

I guess the transformation for me is not just looks but the way I feel about myself and my life. Let me know about YOUR Transformation Tuesday! I hope you guys have a fun and fabulous and safe St. Patrick's Day!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Press Play
Maira Gall